Cuba is a very diverse country. From one side – communism, the lack of product variety and very simple life, from another side – amazing architecture, old cars and open people whose inside freedom is much stronger than the political regime and closed borders. Cuba is a perfect destination to take great photos and get a little bit closer to the way of life in the time of communism. I reveal TOP 15 best photos of Cuba that will show you real life .
1 It’s hard to imagine Havana without the palette of colors, different characters and sigars that all together make this strong feeling of ultimate Cuban life.
2. A typical café in Havana where you can quickly grab a sandwich and take a can of TuKola – a popular prototype of Coca Cola, produced and marketed in Cuba
3. “Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.” -This is motivation to go and indeed, one of my favourite photos from Cuba
4. A woman caring French baguette. Her dress and jewelry perfectly fit the bursting colors of Havana. The French bread that you can find all over the country is one of the most delicious in the world.
5. The colors of the neighborhood. It’s always something going on the streets of Havana. And the people who live here are a part of one big community.
6. The life in Cuba is not so easy. The average salary per month is 25-30 USD; it’s the price for a taxi ride from the airport to the city. Many people quit their jobs and try to find work in a tourism industry. But still there are lots of them who work for a little.
7. Hundreds of people are passing through Old Havana every day and each of them has its own story.
8. Old Havana. In 2015 the World Health Organization announced that Cuba has “one of the greatest public health achievements possible”. There is still lot of work should be done
9. In Trinidad, one of the most famous cities in Cuba, it’s always hot and noisy. Locals open the doors to get fresh air come in. And somebody uses the chance to take a nap
10. Kids don’t have IPhone and laptops but they still create something interesting
11. Santa Clara, the city of Che Gevara, is full of memorials, sights, connected with a Cuban revolutioner. At the same moment there are plenty of old buildings and people living their life like it was before Fidel Castro’s ruling.
12. Cuba is a multiethnic country whose peoples and customs derive from diverse origins, including the period of Spanish colonialism, time of bringing slaves and close relations with the Soviet Union.
13. The lessons in a Trinidad school start from the running. Because of lack of the stadium the pupils run on the streets
14. Rumors… The real life is interesting than the telenovela
15. Time for rest. Just after visiting Cuba you notice how much all the communism and post communism countries are similar
Whould you like to visit Cuba?